Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 14:03:52 UTC

Incremental backup of hbase with export not working

Hi ,

In order to take  incremental backup using export of hbase , we followed

http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#import

Few things that need clarification are :

1. what does version mean? is is the same version number which we give
during creation of hbase table ?

2. what if we don't specify the version and just specify start and end time
stamps ?

kindly provide us an example how to take incremental hbase backup using
exportin an interval.

We did some experiments with version and start time combination and results
are as follows

1. we created a table with version=>1 and tested the import CLI using the
same version (version =1 ) and start-end times .even though the data is
present between start and end intervals , we didn't get any data.

2. without specifying the version , we got all the data irrespective of the
start and end times

Kindly clarify us how to specify the version , time stamp range to match
our requirements .

Thanks,
Oc.tsdb