Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <br...@swissonline.ch> on 2007/12/01 20:42:34 UTC

shall I open a ticket for these?

hi,

I am using 2.1.1 built from trunk and I am very happy to see how well it
works.

I found couple of really minor issues though and wanted to ask before
openning JIRA issues:

- ajax remote DIV does not work the same as in 2.0.9, there is an issue
related to the preload, updateFreq and delay parameters please see below for
details.

- the datetimepicker dojo widget control set to time does not allow entering
any time. When you select "any" and you enter any free time (not selecting
it from the widget) as soon as it loses the focus, it rounds the entered
time to be a multiple of 5.

May I go ahead opening tickets for these? I could not find any related
tickets open.

regards,
Giovanni

PS: message sent to the users list "remote div diff behavior in 2.1.x"

In version 2.0.x the remote DIV UI tag was initially rendering the content
of the DIV by immediately invoking the target action. In version 2.1.x on
the other hand, remote DIV does not initially render the content of the
target action, I did some research and tried using the new parameter
autoStart="true" but does not work either. In version 2.1.x you have to wait
the updateFreq before you see anything rendered ...

Please have a look at the example with title *"Ajax UI tags were moved to
the new dojo plugin ..."* placed under:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Troubleshooting+guide+migr
ating+from+Struts+2.0.x+to+2.1.x

The example illustrates using the remote DIV in a JSP before and after
migrating to 2.1.x  I experience the problem described in exactly that
example.

The key parameters in this issue are these:

- delay: "How long to wait before fetching the content (in milliseconds)"
- updateFreq: "How often to reload the content (in milliseconds)"
- preload: "Load content when page is loaded"

The closest I could get to the "would be" a BUG was in file:
plugins/dojo/src/main/resources/org/apache/struts2/static/dojo/struts/widget
/BindDiv.js
line 258
if(this.isShowing() && this.preload && this.updateFreq <= 0 && this.delay <=
0) {
    this.refresh();
}

Obviously if you set either updateFreq or delay > 0 then it would not
refresh upon startup.

I tried modifying that source to:
if(this.isShowing() && (this.preload || (this.updateFreq <= 0 && this.delay
<= 0))) {
    this.refresh();
}

but did not work either, from there on I need more understanding of the
intrinsics of the DOJO library. I will keep digging it further as soon as I
have a chance.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: shall I open a ticket for these?

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Yes, please do and patches are always appreciated.  Thanks!

Don