Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Eichfelder, Frank" <Fr...@t-systems.de> on 2001/11/12 13:00:51 UTC

IIS and authentication

Hi,

I have tried the authentication example shipped with Tomcat 4.0.1 - it works fine.
(http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/security/protected/)
Now, I have combined IIS and Tomcat - all servlets and JSPs work well - but when I try to access the page (without :8080), I get the following Tomcat-Error-Page instead of the login-page:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
type Status report
message Access to the requested resource has been denied
description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

I use the default server.xml and web.xml as shipped with tomcat 4.0.1, I tried to add the parameter tomcatAuthentication="true" to the Ajp13-Connector - it didn't work, too.

Here is the uriworkermap.properties file I created:

#
# Default worker to be used through our mappings
#
default.worker=ajp13

#
# Sites to be redirected to Tomcat
#
/examples=$(default.worker)
/examples/*=$(default.worker)
/examples/*.jsp=$(default.worker)
/examples/j_security_check=$(default.worker)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Frank