Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by FloSoft <Fl...@gmx.de> on 2004/07/06 13:02:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: adding modules to a running server

if you enable mod_so and compile that module in, you can use
"shared"-modules, which you can Load via the LoadModule-Parameter in
httpd.conf.
If you want to load a module, you must only edit httpd.conf and restart your
server (perhaps a SIGHUP is enough, but Im not sure)

Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

Re: [users@httpd] Re: adding modules to a running server

Posted by Vincent Badier <ap...@yahoo.fr>.
Ok, this is clear for modules that have bee compiled
at the same time as the server.
I compiled the server with the following parameters :
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include"; export
CPPFLAGS
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib"; export
LDFLAGS
"./configure" \
"--enable-ssl" \
"--enable-http" \
"--enable-dav" \
"--enable-dav-fs" \
"--enable-vhost-alias" \
"--enable-so" \
"--with-ldap" \
"--enable-ldap" \
"--enable-auth-ldap" \
"$@"

But now, i need also mod_proxy, mod_spelling, etc...
So my question is, can i just compile thoses modules
separately, or do i need to recompil the whole apache
server?
In that case, will i need to reinstall the whole, or
can i just install the newly compiled modules?

--
Vincent

--- FloSoft <Fl...@gmx.de> a écrit : > if you