Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Rafit Izhak_Ratzin <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/09 23:24:02 UTC

The latest svn version is not stable

Hi,

I just check out the latest svn version (376446), I built it from scratch.

When I tried to run the jobtrucker I got the next message in the jobtracker
log file:

060209 164707 Property 'sun.cpu.isalist' is
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTrackerInfoServer.<init>(JobTrackerInfoServer.java:56)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:303)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.startTracker(JobTracker.java:50)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.main(JobTracker.java:813)
060209 164707 Server handler 9 on 50020: starting

Next thing I did is copy the build directory under hadoop path into the
nutch path,
and I didn't get any Exception.

nutch/conf also misses hadoop_default and mapred_default.

Thanks,

Rafit

Re: The latest svn version is not stable

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Rafit Izhak_Ratzin wrote:
> I just check out the latest svn version (376446), I built it from scratch.
>
> When I tried to run the jobtrucker I got the next message in the
> jobtracker log file:
>
> 060209 164707 Property 'sun.cpu.isalist' is

Okay.  I think I just fixed this.  Please give it a try.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: The latest svn version is not stable

Posted by Jeff Ritchie <jr...@netwurklabs.com>.
    URL url =
JobTrackerInfoServer.class.getClassLoader().getResource("webapps");
    String path = url.getPath();    (this is line 56 of
JobTrackerInfoServer.java)

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html#getSystemResource(java.lang.String)

*Returns:*
    A |URL| <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/URL.html>
    object for reading the resource, or null if the resource could not
    be found

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Ritchie <jr...@netwurklabs.com>.
Hi Rafit,

The problem is that 'webapps' isn't in the classpath.  If the webapps
dir gets put under the classpath it fixes that problem.

Thats what I did to fix that problem anyways....

(ie dropping webapps into the build directory)

Jeff.