Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/14 21:28:09 UTC

Re: AJAX : DOJO vs JQuery

Ditto.  I'm working on a fairly major site in T4.1.2 and jquery is the only
library the presentation layer developers want to use.

I would LOVE to see JQuery be the library for T5.

Actually, how about an abstraction library in T5 so that we could plug in
any javascript library we like for Tapestry components?

bill

Re: AJAX : DOJO vs JQuery

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm thinking that is probably where things are going to need to go
eventually.  The only issue is that without "some" kind of library all of
the built in Tapestry javascript becomes unreasonably unweildy if forced to
do a lot of things from scratch.

It's possible that something like dean edward's(
http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/) Base2(http://code.google.com/p/base2/)
implementation could be used as the Tapestry core js library while allowing
for different libraries to be "plugged in" somehow so that everyone can use
the library of their choice and not have one forced on them. (well, besides
the Base2 - something has to be used so it's just a matter of how
large/functional enough it is for tapestrys needs while not being too large
to be included along with whatever other libraries people want)

This can get a little tricky in various places but it does seem clear that
this will need to be addressed eventually in order to make as many people
happy as possible.  (since js library choices can often be a very personal
choice it's not likely that one will ever suite all needs)

On 7/14/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>

> Actually, how about an abstraction library in T5 so that we could plug in
> any javascript library we like for Tapestry components?
>
> bill

</snipped>

--
Jesse Kuhnert