Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "firepages.com.au" <fi...@firepages.com.au> on 2002/04/24 15:26:51 UTC

rewrite workaround for AcceptPathInfo

Hi, I posted some time ago about AcceptPathInfo appearing broken in apache2
, & submitted a bug report which is now resolved in as much as it is marked
'fixed in 2.0.36'

Until then I was hoping someone could give me a helping hand with a rewrite
replacement to provide the lookback feature of apache that existed until
apache2...

i.e. for a search-engine friendly page I have e.g.
somedomain.com/realpage.htm/var1/var2/etc/

apache 1.3.20+ used to 'lookback' to 'realpage.htm' and place
$var1,$var2,$etc into the $PATH_INFO server variable which I could then
parse to my hearts content.

how can I achieve the same or similar results with mod_rewrite ? I have
looked at the documentation and examples but my head hurts pretty soon
afterwards... I basically need to grab all the /var/var1/var2/ etc after the
valid page request 'realpage.htm' and place them in a server variable that I
can then call in my scripts

Any help much appreciated.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, firepages.com.au wrote:

> Hi, I posted some time ago about AcceptPathInfo appearing broken in apache2
> , & submitted a bug report which is now resolved in as much as it is marked
> 'fixed in 2.0.36'
>
> Until then I was hoping someone could give me a helping hand with a rewrite
> replacement to provide the lookback feature of apache that existed until
> apache2...

If you are comfortable with compiling apache yourself, I would just grab
the current development version of apache from cvs or from
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/httpd-2.0/

The only compilcation is that you need to have libtool/autoconf
and you need to run "buildconf" before you run "configure".

Joshua.