Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Yasser Al Masri <ys...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/22 13:20:48 UTC

[scxml] Any Feed From Invoked State Machine Back to Invoker?

Hi,

For synchronous communication between invoker and invoked machines we
usually need to pass back a variable or some sort of signal to tell it that a
result of a particular operation is so and so. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Re: [scxml] Any Feed From Invoked State Machine Back to Invoker?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Yasser Al Masri <ys...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Is it much of trouble to post a little snippet explaining this?

<snip/>

Perhaps better if you post where you are, so we start with the right
assumptions about your usecase.

-Rahul

Posted by Yasser Al Masri <ys...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [scxml] Syntax Question

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Yasser Al Masri <ys...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> what's the best way to check whether a given variable is any of values within a list? For example, I want to say this:
>
> cond="myvar In('a','b','c')"
>
> or
>
> cond="mylist.contain(myvar)"

<snip/>

Syntax of expressions within the SCXML document depends on the
expression language (EL) in use. Please see the documentation for the
EL you're using.

For example, if you're using JEXL, see (though thats 2.0 syntax, out
of the box you'd be on 1.1):

  http://commons.apache.org/jexl/reference/syntax.html

You can also write your own EL functions if the syntax doesn't easily
afford what you want to do. For more on method invocation from ELs,
see bottom of this page which illustrates that using two of the common
ELs:

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html

-Rahul

[scxml] Syntax Question