Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Michael McAllister <mm...@homeaway.com> on 2016/03/18 20:55:57 UTC

Adding table compression

All

Are there any known issues if we use the hbase shell to alter a phoenix table to apply compression? We're currently using Phoenix 4.4 on HDP 2.3.4.

I plan on testing, but also want to double check for any gotchas.

Michael McAllister
Staff Data Warehouse Engineer | Decision Systems
mmcallister@HomeAway.com<ma...@HomeAway.com> | C: 512.423.7447

Re: Adding table compression

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Nope, it should be transparent.

New data will be compressed on flush and old data will be compressed during
next compaction.

-Vlad