Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Michael <mt...@optonline.net> on 2011/11/12 16:36:25 UTC

Argument Qualifiers

Not too long ago I was having the following problem when trying to access a
test web service I developed:

SOAP Response Envelope

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

  <soap:Body>

    <soap:Fault>

      <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>

        <faultstring>Unmarshalling Error: unexpected element

                     (uri:"http://soaphttp.rd.nsrr.swim.faa.gov/",
local:"loc").

                     Expected elements are <{}loc>

        </faultstring>

    </soap:Fault>

  </soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

I discovered, with some help from folks on this mailing list, that the
problem was the elementFormDefault="qualified"

in the schema of my WSDL.  When I removed this attribute, thus causing the
value to default to unqualified, everything worked fine.

I am trying to write detailed documentation for both myself and several
colleagues and would like to get an answer to the following question.

Is the unmarshalling error I see here in the SOAP response coming from the
CXF runtime or somewhere else?  If the later (i.e. somewhere else) can
someone tell me where (e.g. my app server, etc.)?

Thanks

Re: Argument Qualifiers

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> Is the unmarshalling error I see here in the SOAP response coming from the
> CXF runtime or somewhere else?  If the later (i.e. somewhere else) can
> someone tell me where (e.g. my app server, etc.)?

It's actually coming from with JAXB which is called from CXF.   When trying to
map the XML elements to the JAXB objects, it's finding the elements it doesn't
expect and throws that error.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp