Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by th...@realtech.de on 2001/03/22 17:12:42 UTC

C2 samples ->error message

The C2 samples seemed to work fine on my computer. But then I looked into
the cocoon.log-File and I saw that an error happend

DEBUG   90      [cocoon  ] (web-0): Trying to load class:
com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
WARN    90      [cocoon  ] (web-0): Could not force-load class:
com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
	at org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:58)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.forceLoad(CocoonServlet.java:322)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:113)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JRunSe
rvletLoader.java:236)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JRunSe
rvletLoader.java:190)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServlet(../servlet/JRunServletLoa
der.java:177)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.getServletReference(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1267)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:895)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
patcher.java:88)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1131)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(../servlet/JvmContext.java:330)
	at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(../http/WebEndpoint.java:107)
	at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
	at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)

Any idea why that could happen and the output is although correct?

Thorsten

Re: C2 samples ->error message

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
thorsten.sommer@realtech.de wrote:

> The C2 samples seemed to work fine on my computer. But then I looked into
> the cocoon.log-File and I saw that an error happend

In your web.xml file there is an init-param named "force-load".  The value
for that refers to any classes that you want Cocoon to load for normal
functioning.  This includes database drivers, protocol handlers, or other
classes that have to be loaded to be used.  The particular class that
was being attempted to be loaded is specific to WebSphere because IBM
has some bugs in its classloader implementation.  You can remove that
entry and it won't affect Cocoon.  Cocoon reports the exception in the
log so that you can determine if unusual behavior can be attributed
to the class not being present.  Cocoon does not stop if the class
cannot be loaded--so you can have one webapp that would work with a
number of different clients.