Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/28 15:02:23 UTC

Trivialities

1) (note)
In o.a.l.l.c.c.p.ResolverUtil line 279
I put the cast back in this line removing the cast broke the build on my machine:

//Do not remove the cast on the next line as removing it will cause a compile error on Java 7.
final BundleWiring wiring = (BundleWiring) FrameworkUtil.getBundle(
                ResolverUtil.class).adapt(BundleWiring.class);

2) (request)
On my Japanese Windows 7, I have trouble building the site (mvn site).
This seems to be caused by findbugs-maven-plugin encountering encoding issues.
The problem goes away if I modify api/pom.xml to add <fork>false</fork> to
the findbugs configuration. I am guessing the <locales>en</locales> tag
in the global pom.xml is not passed on if the process is forked.

Does anyone mind if I commit this change (adding <fork>false</fork>
to the findbugs-maven-plugin configuration in api/pom.xml)?

3) (request)
checkstyle.xml has a check "RegexpSingleline" that checks if a line has trailing spaces.
This is a bit embarrassing, but I cannot figure out how to modify the
autoformatter on my IDE (Eclipse) so that it does not add spaces in javadoc
comments like this:
/**
 * Some comment line
 *                    <-- Eclipse auto-format adds a single space after the '*'
 * @param someParam param explanation
 */

Checkstyle flags all these comments as problems.
Can we consider these to be false positives and add an exception to this rule
so that a space after a '*' character is not flagged as a trailing space?
(I still need to figure out the regular expression for this.)

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Yes. We were on 2.3.2 and the jvmArgs element wasn't supported in that release.

Ralph

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@yahoo.com>.

________________________________

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Trivialities

Re: Trivialities

Posted by Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net>.
On Apr 28, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Remko Popma wrote:

> Trivialities
>
> 1) (note)
> In o.a.l.l.c.c.p.ResolverUtil line 279
> I put the cast back in this line removing the cast broke the build on my machine:
>
> //Do not remove the cast on the next line as removing it will cause a compile error on Java 7.
> final BundleWiring wiring = (BundleWiring) FrameworkUtil.getBundle(
>                 ResolverUtil.class).adapt(BundleWiring.class);

Indeed, when I switched to Java 7 it failed for me, too. Looks like they changed the API for that method ... not something they usually do. However, I think you may need to look into this further. The JavaDoc for OSGI for Java 7 (http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/org/osgi/framework/Bundle.html) clearly says the adapt(Class<A>) method does not return Object, it returns A (in this case, BundleWiring). This should not fail. There might be a problem with the bundle plugin. Perhaps there's a newer version, or for Java 7 it's using a beta version of the OSGI version.