Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Peter Dam Mains <in...@hvalros.dk> on 2003/05/08 10:51:37 UTC

Problem (bug?) with custom (de)serializing and document style.

We have great success deploying Axis services using custom
(de)serializers when using RPC-style. However when we switch to document
style we get the often mentioned error "java.io.IOException: No
serializer found for class TestBean in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl". According to the User's Guide
all you have to do is add/change style="document" in the <Service> tag,
which is what we've done.

To investigate the problem further, I tried using the typeMapping tag
with the BeanSerializer, and this also failed, but when I changed to
beanMapping tag it worked.
Here's an example of the 2 tags used, which should be equivalent, but
the typeMapping fails, which to me indicates there's a small bug in the
way the typemappings are stored?
This has been tested on the Nightly build from
/dist/axis/nightly/2003-05-06 , and I can't see to find it among the
open bugs.

This

<typeMapping
  xmlns:ns="urn:test"
  languageSpecificType="java:test.TestBean"
  qname="ns:TestBean"
  encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

should be equivalent to this:

<beanMapping
  xmlns:ns="urn:test"
  languageSpecificType="java:test.TestBean"
  qname="ns:TestBean"
/>

But the typeMapping tag fails whereas the beanMapping tag works (We're
still talking document-style, with RPC-style the both work flawlessly).

Cheers,
Peter Mains