Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Christopher H. Laco" <mo...@chrislaco.com> on 2004/12/03 01:30:06 UTC

Building MP2 on Win32

I tried subscribing to modperl-win32 first, but never got a response to
the subscribe request.

I'm about to start working on some test changes between Apache-Test and
some of the t/modperl tests in the latest mp trunk.

Unfortunately, the only thing I have at my disposal at the moment is XP.
I've got perl 5.8.4 installed, and fresh copy of the mp2 trunk and VC++
with the latest patches. Thus far, I've had no problems compiling
carious CPAN modules that require C.

When I try to run perl Makefile.PL I'm getting:

   Configure mod_perl with C:\Development\Apache2? [y]
   Configuring Apache/2.0.52 mod_perl/1.99_18-dev Perl/v5.8.4
   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libapr.lib
   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libaprutil.lib
   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libhttpd.lib
   Subroutine MY::libscan redefined at ./Makefile.PL line 104.
   [   info] generating script t/TEST
   [   info] generating script ./t/cgi-bin/cookies.pl
   Checking if your kit is complete...
   Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
           META.yml
   Please inform the author.
   Writing Makefile for Apache::Test
   [   info] generating script t/TEST
   ...etc

It is finding the other win32 libs, and I've made sure the my Apache2
install is in my %LIB% as well as in my Config.pm.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-=Chris

Re: Building MP2 on Win32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> >> I'll take a look at this, as I suppose it should
> >> have inferred that C:\Development\Apache2 was the top-level
> >> Apache2 directory, but in the meantime, does
> >>    perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Development\Apache2
> >> work?
> >>

> > That did the trick. Thanks.
> > -=Chris
> OF course now Apache2 is crashing just before 1/api/show. Time to
> disable threading somewhere I guess.

Are you still having problems with this test? With the
current mod_perl-2.0 svn sources, perl-5.8.4 (ActivePerl
810), and Apache/2.0.52, all the api tests pass for me.

--
best regards,
randy

[mp2] Apache2 (mod_perl.so) Access Violation During Tests

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <mo...@chrislaco.com>.
Ok, I've finally got mp2 to build in win32. perl Makefile.PL and nmake
both complete without errors.

When I run nmake test somewhere at random befure I get to t/api/show.t,
Apache2 crashes. I've attached my t/REPORT output.

This is using a fresh install of Apache2 2.0.52, Perl 5.8.4 and a
freshly updated mp2 source tree.

I've also got VC++ 6 installed with the latest SP. I won't claim to know
squat about C++, or debugging output, but I can get to the point of
debugging the crash and getting to the modperl_callback.c in the VC
debugger. Is there any way to save the debug variables state  or
generally provide more information to go along with this email?

P.S. Is this dev@ stuff, or should I be on the user list?

Thanks
-=Chris

Re: Building MP2 on Win32

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <mo...@chrislaco.com>.

Re: Building MP2 on Win32

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <mo...@chrislaco.com>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>

>>I tried subscribing to modperl-win32 first, but never got a response to
>>the subscribe request.
>

> Did you mean the mod_perl users list? As far as I know,
> there isn't a modperl-win32 specific list.

I got the thought fomr this email in the archives:
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/glehvisex/34FE0875.8E37719F@telebusiness.co.nz

>>I'm about to start working on some test changes between Apache-Test and
>>some of the t/modperl tests in the latest mp trunk.
>>
>>Unfortunately, the only thing I have at my disposal at the moment is XP.
>>I've got perl 5.8.4 installed, and fresh copy of the mp2 trunk and VC++
>>with the latest patches. Thus far, I've had no problems compiling
>>carious CPAN modules that require C.
>>
>>When I try to run perl Makefile.PL I'm getting:
>>
>>   Configure mod_perl with C:\Development\Apache2? [y]
>>   Configuring Apache/2.0.52 mod_perl/1.99_18-dev Perl/v5.8.4
>>   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libapr.lib
>>   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libaprutil.lib
>>   Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libhttpd.lib
>

> I'll take a look at this, as I suppose it should
> have inferred that C:\Development\Apache2 was the top-level
> Apache2 directory, but in the meantime, does
>    perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Development\Apache2
> work?

That did the trick. Thanks.
-=Chris

Re: Building MP2 on Win32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

> I tried subscribing to modperl-win32 first, but never got a response to
> the subscribe request.

Did you mean the mod_perl users list? As far as I know,
there isn't a modperl-win32 specific list.

> I'm about to start working on some test changes between Apache-Test and
> some of the t/modperl tests in the latest mp trunk.
>
> Unfortunately, the only thing I have at my disposal at the moment is XP.
> I've got perl 5.8.4 installed, and fresh copy of the mp2 trunk and VC++
> with the latest patches. Thus far, I've had no problems compiling
> carious CPAN modules that require C.
>
> When I try to run perl Makefile.PL I'm getting:
>
>    Configure mod_perl with C:\Development\Apache2? [y]
>    Configuring Apache/2.0.52 mod_perl/1.99_18-dev Perl/v5.8.4
>    Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libapr.lib
>    Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libaprutil.lib
>    Note (probably harmless): No library found for /lib/libhttpd.lib

I'll take a look at this, as I suppose it should
have inferred that C:\Development\Apache2 was the top-level
Apache2 directory, but in the meantime, does
   perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Development\Apache2
work?

--
best regards,
randy kobes