Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 23:06:11 UTC

Struts2 Basic Questions

Hello,

>From reading about Struts2, I can see that it is a marriage of Struts
1.x and WebWork. Now WebWork actually consisted of 2 frameworks from
my understanding. WebWork framework for Web and underneath that was
XWork framework. Also, WebWork in 2.2 I believe was starting to use
Spring IOC for its inversion of control.

So I guess I would like to know is the following:
1) Does Struts2 use Springs IOC?
2) Does it use WebWork tags?
3) Is XWork still underneath the covers for its expression language?

Any input would help,

Re: Struts2 Basic Questions

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 10/26/06, Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From reading about Struts2, I can see that it is a marriage of Struts
> 1.x and WebWork.

It's a marriage of the communities, but the codebase is the technical
equivalent of WebWork 2.3.

We've added a few new features, like wildcards and plugins, and new
interceptors, like Checkbox, and spruced up the documentation, but
Struts 2 is essentially WebWork 2.

The reason the migration is working well for us is because WW2 was
already very much like Struts, only better :)

-Ted.

Re: Struts2 Basic Questions

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The wiki's up now (thanks Don!)

But,

* http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/migration-guide.html

was also available throughout the outage. This link goes to the
real-time export of the wiki, which we prefer people refer to first,
for scalability reasons.

-Ted.

RE: Struts2 Basic Questions

Re: Struts2 Basic Questions