Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2006/01/01 02:49:40 UTC

Re: Rép : [shale] Proposal: making view controllers easier to access

Gary VanMatre wrote:
>> From: Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>

>>> No, you have a very good point and I didn't mean to seem as if I'm discounting
>> it. It is a limitation but my opinion is that you can come up with a easy
>> conventions for making unique names.
>>> Consider @[a]@[ab]. This is valid using the current substitution mechanism. (I
>> just realized this myself :-).
>>
>> I just posted a comment on the bug which suggested the equivalent (I
>> suggested @{a}@{ab}, similar to shell variable substitution, but it's
>> the same difference). Looks like the problem's already addressed :-)
>>

> I think we have it covered but it's not necessary a solution that was part of the initial thought behind the design but it seems to work out anyway.  I'll close this ticket if we feel this is an except able solution.

The only thing I'd point out is the possible confusion between [] as a
token separator for Clay symbols and [] as an indexing operation in a
value binding expression. I don't know whether that's a real concern,
but a non-overlapping syntax may reduce questions as Clay gets used more
widely.

L.