Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 00:39:40 UTC

Re: Strange problem with conversational service when using binding.ws

Hi,

The message is a bit misleading and it complains that a fault from WS stack
cannot be mapped to a java checked exception. The cause of your issue is:

> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: An unknown message label has been
> encountered: In
>    at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutOnlyAxisOperationClient.getMessageContext(
> OutOnlyAxisOperation.java:215)
>    at

I ran into a similar issue before. The problem is that Axis2 maps a java
method such as void doSomthing(...) into an oneway WSDL operation. This
behavior is not in line with SCA which requires @Oneway annotation. If you
add @Oneway to the method, the problem will be gone.

Thanks,
Raymond
Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon for pointing to the JIRA.  I will take a look at TUSCANY-2059.

++Vamsi

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Aah...  types is not null but types.getExtensibilityElements() is empty
which results in document being null as described in the JIRA comments.

++Vamsi

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Comments inline.

   Simon

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
shouldn't this be part of FAQ?

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Why does it run fine when there is a method returning non-void, even though
that method is not invoked!!

++Vamsi