Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Roberto R <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/02 02:50:24 UTC

iBATIS.NET DataMapper 1.2 and DataAccess 1.6 Alpha releases!

After 5 long and productive months, the new Alpha releases of the DataMapper
and DataAccess frameworks are ready! We also have updated documentation and
the latest source available for download.

Here's a list of just some of the changes for the *DataMapper* framework:

   - A new *DomSqlMapBuilder configuration API* (accepts Stream, Uri,
   FileInfo, and XmlDocument).
   - Greatly *improved logging* and *exception handling*!
   - New *Custom Type Handler* support for parameters and results!
   - *Class inheritance* mappings using *<discriminator>* and
*<submap>*elements.
   - Automatic SqlMap.config document validation with an updated schema.
   - Optional Data Map (SqlMap) document validation using a new <setting
   validateSqlMap="true"/> element.
   - Added Support for multiple "properties.config" files.
   - Improved Oracle and PostgreSQL support!
   - Updated the use of Castle.DynamicProxy to v1.1.0.
   - And bug fixes too!

On the *DataAccess* side, the framework has seen these updates:

   - New *<daoSessionHandler>* configuration syntax (prior syntax is
   still supported).
   - A new DomDaoManagerBuilder configuration API.
   - Support for multiple "properties.config" files.
   - The ability to define property "keys" and "values" in your
   dao.config file.

Download the iBATIS.NET DataMapper 1.2 and DataAccess 1.6 Alphas
now!<http://www.ibatis.com/downloads.html>

Re: iBATIS.NET DataMapper 1.2 and DataAccess 1.6 Alpha releases!

Posted by Roberto R <ro...@gmail.com>.
And, here's the link to the iBATIS.NET <http://iBATIS.NET> SourceForge file
listing:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=109704

Roberto
(sent the email out before the site got updated!)

Re: iBATIS.NET DataMapper 1.2 and DataAccess 1.6 Alpha releases!

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Yay!

Good job on the documentation too. Its come a long way since
DevGuide.pdf.