Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ufuk YILMAZ <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID> on 2022/04/21 17:11:37 UTC

De-split / Merge shards without creating collection from scratch

We have lots of data in Solr (v8.4), which is divided into monthly
collections in order not to perform every search against entire data.
Each monthly collection is also split into 8 shards.

It means 4 years = 48 months = 384 shards which are causing some
problems.

Is it possible to merge multiple shards into 1 without creating that
collection from zero and reindexing?

Re: De-split / Merge shards without creating collection from scratch

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.

> "which are causing some problems"

Can you describe the problems? Why do you think merging into a single shard
will help?

"Divided into monthly collections"

 Is this via Time Routed Aliases or have you done this manually?

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)