Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> on 2012/09/04 18:54:40 UTC

Re: could only be replicated to 0: TL;DR

If the datanode is definitely not running out of space, and the overall system has basically been working leading up to the "replicated to 0 nodes" error (which proves the configuration and permissions are all basically correct), then what other explanations are there for why hdfs would suddenly start exhibiting this error out of the blue?

Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda

Re: could only be replicated to 0: TL;DR

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Keith,

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/z9oYUIhhUg and the method isGoodTarget
under http://search-hadoop.com/c/Hadoop:/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/blockmanagement/BlockPlacementPolicyDefault.java||isGoodTarget

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
> If the datanode is definitely not running out of space, and the overall system has basically been working leading up to the "replicated to 0 nodes" error (which proves the configuration and permissions are all basically correct), then what other explanations are there for why hdfs would suddenly start exhibiting this error out of the blue?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     kwiley@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>                                            --  Yoda

Harsh J

Re: could only be replicated to 0: TL;DR

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Keith,

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/z9oYUIhhUg and the method isGoodTarget
under http://search-hadoop.com/c/Hadoop:/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/blockmanagement/BlockPlacementPolicyDefault.java||isGoodTarget

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
> If the datanode is definitely not running out of space, and the overall system has basically been working leading up to the "replicated to 0 nodes" error (which proves the configuration and permissions are all basically correct), then what other explanations are there for why hdfs would suddenly start exhibiting this error out of the blue?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     kwiley@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>                                            --  Yoda

Harsh J

Re: could only be replicated to 0: TL;DR

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Keith,

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/z9oYUIhhUg and the method isGoodTarget
under http://search-hadoop.com/c/Hadoop:/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/blockmanagement/BlockPlacementPolicyDefault.java||isGoodTarget

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
> If the datanode is definitely not running out of space, and the overall system has basically been working leading up to the "replicated to 0 nodes" error (which proves the configuration and permissions are all basically correct), then what other explanations are there for why hdfs would suddenly start exhibiting this error out of the blue?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     kwiley@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>                                            --  Yoda

Harsh J

Re: could only be replicated to 0: TL;DR

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Keith,

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/z9oYUIhhUg and the method isGoodTarget
under http://search-hadoop.com/c/Hadoop:/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/blockmanagement/BlockPlacementPolicyDefault.java||isGoodTarget

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
> If the datanode is definitely not running out of space, and the overall system has basically been working leading up to the "replicated to 0 nodes" error (which proves the configuration and permissions are all basically correct), then what other explanations are there for why hdfs would suddenly start exhibiting this error out of the blue?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     kwiley@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>                                            --  Yoda

Harsh J