Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/23 16:31:27 UTC

Proj4j license

Bertil has logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5399 describing a licensing issue with the Proj4j library, which we added as a dependency in the last release. Though it describes itself as Apache licensed, it embeds a data set (EPSG) that requires the user to agree to its terms of use.

Julian

Re: Proj4j license

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Good news. Proj4J has made a release (1.2.0) that strips out the
offending data set, and we can upgrade to that release before Calcite
release 1.33. Many thanks to Bertil for his work on this issue.
Details in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5417.

Re: Proj4j license

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proj4j license