Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/09/26 19:07:04 UTC

Failed authentication - archiva 1.1.2

Hello,

I am new to this list and the whole Archiva world, so please be patient...

We've recently upgraded to Archiva 1.1.2 and we are now getting the
following error when trying to deploy using Maven to the Archiva repository:

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
altDeploymentRepository =
release::default::dav:http://maven.xxxx.se:8888/repository/release
[INFO] Using alternate deployment repository
release::default::dav:http://maven.xxxx.se:8888/repository/release
Uploading:
http://maven.xxxx.se:8888/repository/release/com/xxxx/riot/riot-parent/3.0.0-R2A01/riot-parent-3.0.0-R2A01.pom
Sep 26, 2008 10:30:52 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processAuthenticationResponse
INFO: Already tried to authenticate with 'Repository Archiva Managed
Repository' authentication realm at maven.xxxx.se, but still receiving:
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Sep 26, 2008 10:30:52 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processAuthenticationResponse
INFO: Already tried to authenticate with 'Repository Archiva Managed release
Repository' authentication realm at maven.xxxx.se, but still receiving:
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Thanks!

solo

Re: Failed authentication - archiva 1.1.2

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.

I ended up creating a new user with the exact same properties and
permissions.  Using that new user, everything worked perfectly.  Maybe there
was something wrong when we migrated the user database to 1.1.2....

Don't know exactly, but it works fine now with this new user...

Thanks for your help

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.