Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/07/19 13:37:56 UTC

Re: building a "myDefault" publication from default as stereotype for other pubs issues.

gian paolo ciceri wrote:

[...]

> Again, I don't know which resources the publication is given
> by default (not as a file-level clone of "default"): for
> example, if I delete lenya.iml and alice.iml from my pub source,
> when I deploy it these users are automagically re-added
> during the deployment process.

Are you using Tomcat?

If yes, you have to remove the files from
$LENYA_HOME/build/webapp/lenya/pubs/myDefault/config/ac
too.

BTW, if you remove user files by hand, make sure you remove
all references in policies as well. Otherwise you'll end up
with an unstable system.

-- Andreas

Re: building a "myDefault" publication from default as stereotype for other pubs issues.

Posted by gian paolo ciceri <gp...@acm.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> gian paolo ciceri wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Again, I don't know which resources the publication is given
>> by default (not as a file-level clone of "default"): for
>> example, if I delete lenya.iml and alice.iml from my pub source,
>> when I deploy it these users are automagically re-added
>> during the deployment process.
>

> Are you using Tomcat?

Yes.

> If yes, you have to remove the files from
> $LENYA_HOME/build/webapp/lenya/pubs/myDefault/config/ac
> too.

Got it! This was the cause.
Now I've not the unwanted users anymore.
Thank you.

> BTW, if you remove user files by hand, make sure you remove
> all references in policies as well. Otherwise you'll end up
> with an unstable system.

I suppose that this kind of situation can happen since
all lenya data is handled in regular filesystem object
(and so rm thisFile.xml can compromise a sort of "referential
integrity")

Is there a sort of "integrity checker" somewhere: a program
(external to the cms) that is able to check the references
between files in the repository ?

Thanks for your help.
/gp

> -- Andreas

Gian Paolo Ciceri        Via G.Marconi 5 - 22036 ERBA CO ITALY
                          mobile :   ++39 340 7218101
                          eMail  :   gp.ciceri@acm.org,
                                 :   gp.ciceri@suddenthinks.com
                          webSite:   http://www.suddenthinks.com