Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2016/02/03 10:06:46 UTC

FOSDEM follow up: Apache speakers at European events requested

Quite a few people stopped at the Apache table at FOSDEM to ask if we can send a speaker to this or that European event. I wasn't sure what to tell them, so I collected their contacts and now asking comdev what to do with it. Here are some examples:

* Students from a Paris programming school were asking if we can organize an Apache meetup together
* Folks from https://www.linuxwochen.at/ were asking for Apache speaker to give a presentation in German in Austria.
* A guy asked for an Apache speaker at an event in Greece (I don't know the event details, but I have his contacts).
* ...

So what is our reaction to that? Thoughts?

Andrus

Re: FOSDEM follow up: Apache speakers at European events requested

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> ...Quite a few people stopped at the Apache table at FOSDEM to ask if we can
> send a speaker to this or that European event...

The best is for those people to ask here, with specifics about their
event: where and when, how many people they expect, is that a
well-known recurring event, are costs covered etc..basically any
information that helps convince potential speakers that it's a good
investment of their time.

I suppose http://www.apache.org/travel/ could help cover travel costs
if needed and if we determine that the event is important enough, but
I 'm not sure if that's been done in the past.

-Bertrand