Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2006/10/12 22:41:03 UTC

Operation when server is down

Does Sandesha/Sandesha2 have known problems when the server is down at
the time the client is started? My assumption is that as long as a
persistent storage manager is configured Sandesha/Sandesha2 should be
able to accept messages even if the destination is currently
unreachable, and retain those messages for transmission even after a
restart.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA, Web Services, and XML

Re: Operation when server is down

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it should be able to do that once the persistency is fully implemented.
However the maximum time that the client should keep trying depends on the
"Inactivity Time out" value used.

-Jaliya

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Yep. Thats the way it happens. Sandesha keeps messages in its storage and
keeps retrying.

In Sandesha2 the number of retransmissions depends in two policies.
1. Maximum Retransmission Count
2. Inactivity Timeout

Chamikara

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.