Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/03 18:50:12 UTC

Re: wrong metadatas

Hi Guys

I had an issue that I was trying to use a virtual repository to access a
legacy maven1 repository which had a lot of public jars besides private
ones. I wanted to use the virtual repo to get only the needed ones from this
legacy and proxy it on archiva, so that I would easily know which are the
jars that we are public available but we were addressing wrong.
It happens that this way things are done now will ask the same resource to
all repositories that are part of  the group.
As maria mention in the user maillist, it would be great if this
functionality could be configurable.

thanks
Emerson cargnin

Re: wrong metadatas

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It's intentional that all repos in the group get consulted and this
shouldn't be a problem - but you also mention proxying. If requests
are going out of Archiva by a proxy request you can control them by
using the whitelist and blacklist on the proxy connector.

- Brett

Re: wrong metadatas

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys