Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Durrant, Peter" <Pe...@COGNOS.com> on 2002/02/04 14:37:40 UTC

Specifying constants in a sitemap

Hi

I'd like to be able to specify some constants in a sitemap for use as
parameter values to an action.

For example, I currently have a parameter for a login action:
	<map:parameter name="login_url" value="myserver.xyz/login"/>
which is repeated for all my pages.

Can I specify in the sitemap (or elsewhere) a constant (e.g. LOGIN_URL)
having the value: myserver.xyz/whereILogIn/login so that the parameter
becomes:
	<map:parameter name="login_url" value=LOGIN_URL/>

This would simplify the maintenance of my sitemaps because the value of
LOGIN_URL could be specified once.

Thanks for your help
Pete
---
Cognos, London, UK

RE: Specifying constants in a sitemap

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Durrant, Peter [mailto:Peter.Durrant@COGNOS.com]
>
> Hi
>
> I'd like to be able to specify some constants in a sitemap for use as
> parameter values to an action.
>
> For example, I currently have a parameter for a login action:
> 	<map:parameter name="login_url" value="myserver.xyz/login"/>
> which is repeated for all my pages.
>
> Can I specify in the sitemap (or elsewhere) a constant (e.g.
LOGIN_URL)
> having the value: myserver.xyz/whereILogIn/login so that the parameter
> becomes:
> 	<map:parameter name="login_url" value=LOGIN_URL/>
>
> This would simplify the maintenance of my sitemaps because the value
of
> LOGIN_URL could be specified once.

There is nothing like this in current sitemap implementation. Can
suggest you two ways around this problem:

1. Use action to set parameters as the top element in the pipeline:

<map:pipeline>
  <map:act type="set-param or something">
    <!-- define -->
    <map:parameter name="login_url" value="......"/>

    <!-- use parameter. Count levels and put correct amount of "../" -->
    <map:redirect-to src="{../../../login_url}"

  </map:Act>
</map:pipeline>

2. XML entities:

    <map:redirect-to src="&login_url;"/>