Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/01 00:29:30 UTC

Re: Falcon setup - account

Following the wiki documentation, but not sure what this property name and value means?

# name node principal to talk to config store
*.dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal=nn/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM
Does this point to the hdfs principal? if so, how can I point falcon to the hdfs user service keytab?

When I try to register the cluster via CLI, I get the following error:
>> Error: Bad Request;Cluster definition missing required namenode credential property: dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal

Thanks
Venkat

On Friday, June 27, 2014 3:23 PM, Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

thank you all. I'll take a look

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:21 PM, Samarth Gupta <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

you can also refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-326
where we have discussed proxy users needed to be set up in oozie and
hadoop site xmls.

Re: Falcon setup - account

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
Pls let us know how we can improve the docs if its not straight forward.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I supplied the property name and value in the cluster definition and the
> CLI seems to like it for now.

Venkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: Falcon setup - account

Posted by Venkat R <ve...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I supplied the property name and value in the cluster definition and the CLI seems to like it for now.