Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Risden <ri...@avalonconsult.com> on 2015/10/26 23:21:31 UTC

CloudSolrClient query /admin/info/system

I am trying to use CloudSolrClient to query information about the Solr
server including version information. I found /admin/info/system and it
seems to provide the information I am looking for. However, it looks like
CloudSolrClient cannot query /admin/info since INFO_HANDLER_PATH [1] is not
part of the ADMIN_PATHS in CloudSolrClient.java [2]. Was this possibly
missed as part of SOLR-4943 [3]?

Is this an issue or is there a better way to query this information?

As a side note, ZK_PATH also isn't listed in ADMIN_PATHS. I'm not sure what
issues that could cause. Is there a reason that ADMIN_PATHS in
CloudSolrClient would be different than the paths in CommonParams [1]?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/solrj/src/java/org/apache/solr/common/params/CommonParams.java#L168
[2]
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/solrj/src/java/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/impl/CloudSolrClient.java#L808
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4943

Kevin Risden
Hadoop Tech Lead | Avalon Consulting, LLC <http://www.avalonconsult.com/>
M: 732 213 8417
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/avalon-consulting-llc> | Google+
<http://www.google.com/+AvalonConsultingLLC> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/avalonconsult>

Re: CloudSolrClient query /admin/info/system

Posted by Kevin Risden <ri...@avalonconsult.com>.
Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8216

Kevin Risden
Hadoop Tech Lead | Avalon Consulting, LLC <http://www.avalonconsult.com/>
M: 732 213 8417
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/avalon-consulting-llc> | Google+
<http://www.google.com/+AvalonConsultingLLC> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/avalonconsult>

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi Kevin,