Posted to user@flink.apache.org by shashank agarwal <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/17 09:25:59 UTC

Which collection to use in Scala case class

Hello,

A quick question which scala collection should I use in my scala case class
which won't go through generic serializer.

I was using java.utill.List in my scala case class before, Will this create
the problem in savepoint and restore. cause, my restore is not working so i
am trying to replace that collection with other scala collection.

Even PatternStream in CEP using Range which goes through generic serializer.

when I put  "env.getConfig.disableGenericTypes" in my program CEP gives
error. After analyzing I found Range was used in PatternStream so it's
throwing an error.

--
Thanks Regards

SHASHANK AGARWAL
 ---  Trying to mobilize the things....

‌

Re: Which collection to use in Scala case class

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
I filed a more specific issue for this:

Posted by shashank agarwal <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
The issue of Scala case classes that can not be restored is a known
issue in Flink 1.4. We need to investigate if it can be fixed easily.

@Shashank: Could you give us a little reproducible example? Just a case
class with a java.util.List in it?

@Gordon: Is there a Jira issue for this? I might look into this in the
next days.