Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/19 07:39:40 UTC

[apacheds] Adding an entry without objectClass

Hi all,

Can I add an entry without any objectClass attributes in apacheDS?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: Adding an entry without objectClass

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys for the reply.

Then would it be OK for me add "objectClass: top" attribute to all glue
entries? What is the case when we don't add 'objectclass: top' attribute?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: Adding an entry without objectClass

Posted by ch...@pegacat.com.
... and if you want to be pedantic, LDAP RFC 2251 sec 4.7 requires that an
add operation include an object class attribute :-).

  - Chris

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Trustin Lee wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Can I add an entry without any objectClass attributes in apacheDS?
>>

>> I doubt it ... something will choke even with schema checking enabled.
>> This is just an expected attribute so lots of code just presumes it
>> exists with objectClass: top as a minimum.
>>
> Meant to say even *without* schema checking enabled.
>
> Alex

 ---------------------------------------
Dr Christopher Betts
Melbourne, Australia
pegacat.com

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn,
dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird.
                           - Nietzsche

(Who fights Monsters must beware,
     lest in doing so they become one)

Re: [apacheds] Adding an entry without objectClass

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can I add an entry without any objectClass attributes in apacheDS?

I doubt it ... something will choke even with schema checking enabled.
This is just an expected attribute so lots of code just presumes it
exists with objectClass: top as a minimum.

HTH,
Alex