Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Giuseppe Reina <g....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 18:43:17 UTC

Is it safe to delete oldWAL files?

Hi all,
   after running a write intensive workload on HBase (0.98) I exhausted the
HDFS space. I realized that most of the HDFS space was occupied by files in
the path /apps/hbase/data/oldWALs/
Apparently either the old log files were not cleaned quickly enough or they
were not cleaned at all.  I'm wondering if I can safely delete those files
and if I can how can I do it? Manually or is there an "hbase" command?

Also as an unrelated question, where are stored the -ROOT- and -META-
information in zookeeper?

Kind Regards

Re: Is it safe to delete oldWAL files?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
No is still there ;)

Posted by Giuseppe Reina <g....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the values for the following config in your cluster ?
> hbase.master.logcleaner.plugins
> hbase.master.logcleaner.ttl

They are not set, so I guess they have the default value.

> BTW in 0.98, -ROOT- is gone.

And META?

Thank you

Posted by Giuseppe Reina <g....@gmail.com>.
Yes that's why I did not do it manually and I was looking for a command

Posted by Jeremy Carroll <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.