Posted to users@camel.apache.org by scottmiles <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/11 12:50:26 UTC

Processing Acknowledgments with CAMEL?

I have clients sending request thru different ways like web request, http
request , soap request or thru some other channel.

In Camel i receive it from respective endpoints to jms queue. From queue
processor picks up the message. Now processor needs to send the
acknowledgemnt to clients based on their preference(which they have sent in
incoming request).Preference can be they would like receive acknowledgement
thru webservice or jms or filesystem anything.

I think it can be done with http://camel.apache.org/request-reply.html bit
somehow i am not able to proceed further. Basically i am not sure how should
i process the acknowledgement from processor to respective clients using
CAMEL inbuilt capabilities. Any direction would be help?

Re: Processing Acknowledgments with CAMEL?

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Also not sure if inOut MEP can be used across protocols i.e Request comes in
via HTTP and response out via FILE / JMS etc.

Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: Processing Acknowledgments with CAMEL?

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I think you can achieve the above by using Content Based Routing
(http://camel.apache.org/content-based-router.html) . The preference for the
endpoint can be set in exchange using a processor and routed effectively
using CBR.

Just a thought! hope this helps!

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: Processing Acknowledgments with CAMEL?

Posted by Sag21 <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I dont see any response for your post. Hope you had found out some solution.
If yes please share I had the similar issue with acknowledgment but no
response for me either.

Re: Processing Acknowledgments with CAMEL?

Posted by scottmiles <mo...@gmail.com>.
Folks any suggestions?