Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org> on 2008/10/09 20:00:57 UTC

trying to use Toolchain plugin

I am trying to use the Toolchain feature described here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-toolchains.html
(By the way, I find it a little disconcerting that SNAPSHOT features are
described on the public site without more warning and information on how to
actually use such features by enabling shapshot repos).

When I try to use this, I quickly found that I needed to add Apache's maven
shapshot repo like so to my pom.xml:
		<pluginRepository>
			<id>snapshots</id>
			<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/</url>
			<releases>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			</releases>
		</pluginRepository>

However, now maven isn't finding
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
I know codehaus has a snapshot repo but I can't find a snapshot here:
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/plexus/
this directory listing is only showing:
[DIR] plexus-spring/          08-Oct-2008 16:42    -
[DIR] plexus-stylus-skin/     08-Oct-2008 17:15

Where do I get this from?

Cheers,
  David Smiley