Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org> on 2003/10/17 15:12:21 UTC

OT: does cocoon handle suicides in a convenient way?

I wander why... I followed the instructions. I'm still experimenting
with cocoon and I spent 3 (three) days trying to build a simple and
stupid example. I only tried to get some data out of my MS SQL Server...

God, Why did you leave me alone? Isn't true that you go with Java and
speak only XML so you can be anywhere and you can speak to everyone?

What did I do wrong? I think I'll commit suicide. The other way is wait
until that GET request handled by cocoon returns. Will this ever happen?

I'm only asking for an error message...

Gianluca

Re: OT: does cocoon handle suicides in a convenient way?

Posted by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org>.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm going to try your way ;)
Gianluca

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org>.
Il ven, 2003-10-17 alle 15:29, Bertrand Delacretaz ha scritto:
> Le Vendredi, 17 oct 2003, à 15:12 Europe/Zurich, Gianluca Sartori a
> écrit :
> > ...I'm only asking for an error message...
>
> Most probably the connection pool is unable to connect to your database
> and tries again forever, you should see messages in the servlet engine
> logs if there are none in the Cocoon logs.
>
> -Bertrand

Thanks. After sending this email, I made it work... I simply restart
tomcat. I still don't understand why sometimes I must restart the
application server. I'm used to only stop-and-go the context. And, yes,
I didn't modify tomcat related config files, but only cocoon specific
files.

Thanks anyway!

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Vendredi, 17 oct 2003, à 15:12 Europe/Zurich, Gianluca Sartori a
> écrit :
> > ...I'm only asking for an error message...
>
> Most probably the connection pool is unable to connect to
> your database
> and tries again forever, you should see messages in the
> servlet engine
> logs if there are none in the Cocoon logs.

I think I'm having the same problem. Which servlet engine
logs, or Cocoon logs, should I look in? I'm using Tomcat 4.1.
I looked in Tomcat 4.1\logs, but none of them has been modified
in the last two days, whereas I've been attempting this database
connection this morning.
Same in webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\logs ... none of them has been
modified recently enough.

Lars

Re: OT: does cocoon handle suicides in a convenient way?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.