Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch> on 2017/10/31 13:22:12 UTC

#Hacktoberfest stats

Hello,

I believe #Hacktoberfest was a very good event to involve a whole lot of new people.

According to my script-fu[1] there are 24 new contributors to Apache.

They touched over 75 modules. And reviewed even more as some issues got closed without any commit, just a wiki update.

All in all, it was pretty great! And very tiresome...

We got lucky that the IP clearance happened during October and could pick up on this.

I the future we should do more community outreach events like this.

Google Summer of Code 2018 is probably something we should prepare early for!

--emi

1. git log --after "2017-10-06T00:00:00" --format=fuller | grep -2 '^Commit:.*Emilian.*Bold' | grep '^Author:' | grep -v 'emi@apache.org' | uniq | sort | uniq | wc -l

Re: #Hacktoberfest stats

Posted by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net>.
Congratulations, Emilian. Great job, well done!

Un abrazo,
Antonio

Re: #Hacktoberfest stats

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Brilliant.

I think this is one of the top highlights of the past month.

Gj