Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ms harsha <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/11 11:14:29 UTC

Fileset is acting differently URGENT!!!

Hi,

I have 2 machines and both has same ant and java versions.

When i compile a code in both the machine,

Machine 1 acts correctly. But in Machine2 the filesets are copied in
the reverse order. i.e.,

<copy to=3D....>
<fileset 1/>
<fileset 2/>
<fileset 3/>
</copy>

In Machine1 fileset 1,2,3 copied in order, But In machine2 it is
copied in the reverse order i.e., 3,2,1.

Since some of my filesets has the different version of the same file i
am facing some issues.

Please anyone let me know is there some parameter where u can set the
order of copy ?

Regards,
Harsha

---------------------------------

Re: Fileset is acting differently URGENT!!!

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Ah... I did read this issue wrongly.  Yes, DD's
suggestion would be the only way to do this as <copy>
builds up a map (whose order is not guaranteed) to do
the copies.  Using a separate copy operation for each
fileset would work.  In Ant 1.7, you might add each
fileset to a <path> and use that for your copy source,
if you were just aching to do it all in one go.

HTH,
Matt

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 11, 2008 11:34 PM,  <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> > How about 3 copies instead? Guaranteed ordering ;-) --DD
> I don't think that there is a guarantee of the order ...

The way I read the problem, order within any given fileset was
irrelevant, and each set should simply be copied in some order.

As far as I know, tasks are still deterministically executed in the
order they are listed! (unless in a <parallel> that is ;-)  --DD

AW: Fileset is acting differently URGENT!!!

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> > <copy to=3D....>
> > <fileset 1/>
> > <fileset 2/>
> > <fileset 3/>
> > </copy>
> >
> > In Machine1 fileset 1,2,3 copied in order, But In machine2 it is
> > copied in the reverse order i.e., 3,2,1.
> >
> > Since some of my filesets has the different version of the
> same file i
> > am facing some issues.
> >
> > Please anyone let me know is there some parameter where u
> can set the
> > order of copy ?
>
> How about 3 copies instead? Guaranteed ordering ;-) --DD
>
> <copy to=3D....>
>   <fileset 1/>
> </copy>
> <copy to=3D....>
>   <fileset 2/>
> </copy>
> <copy to=3D....>
>   <fileset 3/>
> </copy>

I dont think that there is a garuantee of the order ...

Jan

Re: Fileset is acting differently URGENT!!!

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.