Posted to announce@apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2021/10/26 15:31:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 1.4.14 is now available for download

The HBase team is happy to announce the immediate availability of
HBase1.4.14.

Apache HBaseâ„¢ is an open-source, distributed, versioned,
non-relational database.

Apache HBase gives you low latency random access to billions of rows with
millions of columns atop non-specialized hardware. To learn more about
HBase, see https://hbase.apache.org/.

HBase 1.4.14 is the latest release of the HBase 1.4 line, continuing on the
theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Apache Big Data
ecosystem and beyond.

1.4.14 includes ~45 bugs and improvement fixes done since 1.4.13. The full
list of issues can be found here:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.4.14-jira-release-notes

And notice that 1.4.14 is the last release of the HBase 1.4 line. Thank you
for trusting and choosing the 1.4.x release line. In the future, users are
encouraged to upgrade to our current stable release line 2.4.x.

To download please follow the links and instructions on our website:

    https://hbase.apache.org/downloads.html

For instructions on verifying ASF release downloads, please see

    https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi#verify

Project member signature keys can be found at

    https://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible!

Best,
The HBase Dev Team