Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/07 22:44:14 UTC

Status of ws-xmlrpc

Hi,

I am sorry to write this, but it seems about time.

Within the last year, the ws-xmlrpc project has definitely been the
least active of all ws projects. Actually, there has been almost no
activity, the exception being some truly minor patches.

However, this applies to the committers only: In fact, there have been
several and nontrivial patches from the user community. Indeed,
ws-xmlrpc seems to be in serious use and interest from the community is
high.

Within the last weeks, there have been some threads discussing the
topic. See, for example,

and, in particular, as a summary

Three Apache committers (Siegfried Goeschl, Henri Gomez, and myself)
have offered to take over maintenance and/or further development of the
project. The only replies by current ws-xmlrpc committers have been

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=110746584315959&w=2
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=111222153313692&w=2
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=111221953406888&w=2
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=111218050423494&w=2

None of this looks like the situations is going to change. In
particular, there seems to be absolutely no interest to gain additional
committers.

Whats your opinion?

Jochen

Re: [VOTE] New committers for xml-rpc (Re: Status of ws-xmlrpc)

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Problems with CVS setup as new committer ...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
time to hop onto IRC and bug infra folks :)

-- dims

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 13:14 -0700, Daniel Rall wrote:
>For the record, I'm in generally favor of this action.

And believe it or not, English _is_ my native language.

s/in (generally) favor/$1 in favor/

Re: [VOTE] New committers for xml-rpc (Re: Status of ws-xmlrpc)

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.