Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Lin <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 17:54:08 UTC

Quetsions about tag

Hi,

I've tried <s:datepicker/> tag in my JSP.
It's really a cool tag which render a date selection javascript control.
But I have some quetsions about this tag:

1. Can I select date and time simultaneously in one datepicker control?
Currently I map a date property in action to 2 separate datepicker in JSP:
one is for date, and the other is for time.

2. Can I select second in datepicker?

3. When I first use datepicker tag in my JSP, I encounterred a type
conversion problem.
I got an error message like this:

ERROR - ParametersInterceptor
    - ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]:
      Unexpected Exception catched:
      Error setting expression 'userData.createDate' with value
 '[Ljava.lang.String;@16b7f83'

It was solved by writing an type converter and configured in
xwork-conversion.properties.
But I saw the document says that date converter is provided by struts2, we
don't need to configure it manually.
Is this problem caused by locale? I am using traditional Chinese (zh_TW).

Thanks!

Re: Quetsions about tag

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
1. nope, you will have to use 2 pickers, one for the time and another for
the date

2. nope

3. Big bug in datetimepicker:
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1917 , until 2.1, you would have
to use an String for the field that will be assigned the date value, or use
a converter.

musachy