Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@flightaware.com> on 2010/04/15 22:07:10 UTC

my apache creds don't work

I know there was a breakin and it's been a while since I've done anything.  Do any of you guys know what the score is with our creds or what we need to do to get back online with them?

Re: my apache creds don't work

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi Karl

> I know there was a breakin and it's been a while since I've done
> anything.  Do any of you guys know what the score is with our creds
> or what we need to do to get back online with them?

I don't know if that's related, but there was that change of svn
password mechanism to be synced with the LDAP password a couple of
weeks ago.
(Had some trouble getting back to a working (svn and shell) password,
but I managed somehow, as I have installed an ssh key and can login
with that).

Tony Stevenson sent a mail at the time with some instructions.
Obviously the URL for the password change below already
asks for credentials, so I'm not sure if that helps. Other than that:
I guess there is likely (hopefully? ;-) only root@apache.org that can
reset your password.

hth
Ronnie

--- Forward ---
On March 19th we will be changing the source of authentication for all
SVN accounts.

For most Committers, we suggest you update your paswords at:
<https://svn.apache.org/change-password>

This will then sync your passwords, and you will be able to continue
after the cut-over without loss of service.

If you already know your LDAP password, which is also used for logins
to people.apache.org, you do not have to do this.

After the cutover date, your old Subversion HTTP Authentication
password will stop working.

The technical details:

At the moment all committers have a distinct SVN account. This is
essentially an entry in a htpasswd file. As you should all know by now
we have been working on migrating to LDAP, we have now completed phase 1
of this; we have imported shell/Posix users and groups.

What we want to do next is remove this local SVN account, and use LDAP
as the authentication provider.  This is a simple change, but has some
repercussions that may effect a large number of you.

After we switch over, the password for SVN will be your current LDAP
one. We expect that many of you dont remember your LDAP password, and so
what we want you to do is go and reset your LDAP password now, to avoid
being unable to commit to SVN.

Also, shortly after the LDAP groups were imported Nexus
(repository.apache.org) switched to using LDAP for it's authentication
source.  If you use this and discover you have been unable to login
since the cut-over you should use the steps above to resolve your
login issues.

--- End Forward ---

--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75