Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Douglas Alan <do...@alum.mit.edu> on 2015/02/27 23:31:31 UTC

Sample Monit config?

Hi. Does anyone have a sample Monit config file for running Storm under
supervision.

If not, does anyone know if Storms's Nimbus and Supervisors and Storm UI
and Zookeeper write out PID files somewhere by default? If they don't, is
there someway to make them do so?

Re: Sample Monit config?

Posted by Ankit Toshniwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Doug,

We run storm under monit. Here is the sample monit file:

set daemon 120
check process storm-nimbus with pidfile nimbus.pid
  group ****
  start program = "/****/****/deployment/bin/start_nimbus.sh" as uid ****
and gid **** with timeout 120 seconds
  stop program = "/****/****/deployment/bin/kill_nimbus.sh" as uid **** and
gid *****
  if failed port 6627 type tcp for 30 cycles then restart

Also, Storm does not write the pid file by default, we have a wrapper shell
script around Storm components that writes the pid (echo $! >
storm-nimbus.pid) to a certain location, and we use that location under
monit for monitoring the pid for changes.

For zk, the pid location is part of the zkServer.sh file:

zkServer.sh:    ZOOPIDFILE="$ZOO_DATADIR/zookeeper_server.pid"

Ankit