Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Anthony Fox <ad...@ccri.com> on 2011/11/01 14:51:46 UTC

Re: accumulo geo

I'm fine with whatever guidelines you all put together regarding
contribs.  My plugin is built against an older version of Accumulo so
will need to be ported to the latest version.  Initially, I'm just
inquiring into whether anyone has interest in geo related functionality
and has thought about an architecture for providing that kind of API.

Re: accumulo geo

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
I like Todd's suggestion of maintaining them on github. Until they have
shown that people are actively using and maintaining the project, its hard
to justify adding it to the official svn. Once it goes in, it becomes a
much big issue to remove it.

However, once they can show there is 'good' community support around the
contrib project, I don't see a reason why we couldn't include it as another
maven module. I also like the idea of having different profiles for
each/multiple contribs so when people want to build a distro of accumulo
with contribs X, Y, and Z they can do it from source with one command.

Just my two cents.

-- Jesse
Jesse Yates
240-888-2200