Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com> on 2005/04/28 15:30:28 UTC

Re: JavaHL 1.2 Problem -- HELP!

OK, here is another oddity.  Maybe someone can explain this?

Notice that the crash references the function apr_get_username:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW (0xc00000fd) occurred at
PC=0x6EED5397
Function=apr_get_username+0x47
Library=C:\tsvn\Subclipse\repos\trunk\subclipse\javahl-win32\libapr.dll

I did a search of the entire RC2 zip file and I noticed two things:

1)  That APR function is deprecated.

2)  NOTHING references it.  Not even within APR itself.  All that exists
is the function itself.

So if nothing references it, how is it producing the error?

Thanks

Mark

Re: JavaHL 1.2 Problem -- HELP!

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de> wrote on 04/29/2005 03:13:06 AM:

> Hi Mark,
> I would think, the crash could be somehow related to your working copy /

> repository. Is that a subclipse working copy?. Did you try to run the
> equivalent command from the command line client? Writing a test was a
> good thing. I would have a look at it, if I had a recipe for
> reproduceing the crash.
> Using the the older overloaded method will not change anything, because
> all overloads map to the same native method.
> Patrick

OK, I think I just discovered a new piece of information that might help.
It seems that I get this problem every time when using an http:// URL, but
never have a problem using svn:// or file://.

In my case the http:// server is Win2K3 runing Apache 2.0.54 with brane's
RC2 binaries.  I started up svnserve on the same server to test the svn://
protocol.

Using the CLI whether from the command line or from Subclipse works fine.

Mark

Re: JavaHL 1.2 Problem -- HELP!

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Mark,