Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16...@lums.edu.pk> on 2017/08/12 22:37:57 UTC

Ability to Run ODE in Debug Mode

Hi,

I have been able to sucessfully compile apache ode 1.3.5 from the sources using the wonderful support provided by @Satwik. Now my next task is to make some changes in the source code and then recompile the it. I am able to create eclipse projects from the source code using "buildr eclipse" command and open the projects using eclipse. I have two questions regarding the changes I want to make in the source code

1- The main change I want to make is to print the IF activities in the logs. By default, all service invocations are logged in the log files but there are no logs for the IF activities. Mainly, I want to emit, the name of the IF activity, the conditional expression and its result (true or false). What project, files would I need to change?

2- Is it possible to compile and deploy ODE from within the eclipse? Currently, I have to make changes in the sources from within eclipse then compile it from buildr and then deploy the compiled project back in eclipse. This way I have to do a lot of work for testing a simple print statement. Is there an easy way of testing changes? What pattern ODE team follows for development?

Regards

Adeel

Re: Ability to Run ODE in Debug Mode

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ah that's great. We use docker container for our builds.

Posted by Samuel Rose <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Rose <sa...@gmail.com>.