Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Gracy F <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 12:20:48 UTC

Problems with Installation of traffic_manager and traffic_server on different paths.

Hi All,

I have newly built binaries of ATS, traffic_manager and traffic_server on a
different server. I am copying and executing those on different server. I
have not changed any values in config file while building it.

The binaries run in a different path in this new machine and am not using
make install for installation. Its just copying the binaries to other
machine.The problem here is while running traffic_manager I wanted it to
take a different root path and pick up traffic_server from a different path.

Is there a way to pass the root directory of traffic_manager in command
line. Is there anyway to mention these on command line while executing
traffic_manager ?

Thx,
Francis

Re: Problems with Installation of traffic_manager and traffic_server on different paths.

Posted by Jason Giedymin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Try a symlink perhaps.

Otherwise your looking at compile time definition and a bulk one at that.

-Jason

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Gracy F" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have newly built binaries of ATS, traffic_manager and traffic_server
> on a
> different server. I am copying and executing those on different
> server. I
> have not changed any values in config file while building it.

To begin with: Which version of ATS are we talking about?

> The binaries run in a different path in this new machine and am not
> using
> make install for installation. Its just copying the binaries to other

If you mean:
./configure --prefix=/opt/ats && make && sudo make install

and then copy the rsync -a /opt/ats gfrancis@remote.machine:/opt/

Then that makes sense.

> machine.The problem here is while running traffic_manager I wanted it
> take a different root path and pick up traffic_server from a different
> path.

I'm not sure you're making sense here.
What problem is this supposed to solve?

> Is there a way to pass the root directory of traffic_manager in
> command
> line. Is there anyway to mention these on command line while
> executing
> traffic_manager ?

Do you happen to mean something like httpd's ServerRoot?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#serverroot

> Thx,
> Francis

Igor Galić