Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/04/14 16:18:07 UTC

WEBBEANS_XML_LOCATIONS keeps connection open

Hi!

Since WEBBEANS_XML_LOCATIONS in the MetaDataDiscoveryService is a

> WEBBEANS_XML_LOCATIONS.put(addPath.getFile(), addPath.openStream());

and URL#openStream() is basically equivalent to openConnection().getInputStream()
we have all the beans.xml opened all the time. Is this really necessary? Can we somehow change the WEBBEANS_XML_LOCATIONS to only keep the URI and not even the URL (may cause opening a connection in some situations too)?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: I will rename the variable to camelCase since it is no constant with my next checkin, so please wait for it - txs :)

Re: WEBBEANS_XML_LOCATIONS keeps connection open

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Do you have to parse it more than one time?

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi;