Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/09/09 04:58:35 UTC

Re: OS abstractions (inlines, Windows)

I did not have a chance to try the patch. However, it is my opinion
that having done the work to reorganize the source tree, it would
be worthwhile to complete this work before releasing 1.3. Reason
being that the current disruption has created some headaches for
other major module developers like mod_php and mod_perl. If we can
decide on some final layout here, it would reduce their pain.
Another one of those issues would be a central includes directory.

MHO

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> I did not have a chance to try the patch. However, it is my opinion
> that having done the work to reorganize the source tree, it would
> be worthwhile to complete this work before releasing 1.3. Reason
> being that the current disruption has created some headaches for
> other major module developers like mod_php and mod_perl. If we can
> decide on some final layout here, it would reduce their pain.
> Another one of those issues would be a central includes directory.

The interruption isn't too big on the mod_php front.  I am working with
the 1.3 CVS tree and don't really have too many problems being compatible
with both 1.2.x and 1.3.  The combination of the new mod_php3 and Apache
1.3 is going to be extremely nice!

-Rasmus