Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Tamas Jambor <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/07 20:50:27 UTC

mahout in action

I am looking into the distributed part of the recommendation. Sean
mentioned that there is a book Mahout in Action coming out. I had a look
at the table of content.
I've been working with recommended systems (and mahout) for quite a long
time now, I assume that chapter 2-5 wouldn't really give me anything
new, so I'd be only interested in reading chapter 6. do you think it is
worth buying the book only for chapter 6?

Tamas

Re: mahout in action

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It more or less walks through org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item,
how it works, and the issues involved. Later I'd like for it to cover
the SVD-based implementation that will be written this summer too. If
you're pretty into the code already, it may not add much value.

But hey there's the whole (forthcoming) section on clustering and
classification!