Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2018/08/19 10:27:05 UTC

Component and Component Set Dependencies

Hi Deepak,

Before I remove all the comments at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Component+and+Component+Set+Dependencies and remove in the graph
the dependency from the accounting to workeffort introduced by r1710178 ;
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1710178>

could you please confirm there is no longer data dependencies from accounting to workeffort since we moved the data to applications/datamodel?

I guess there should not be and we should try to clean this graph for maybe other such dependencies (only because of data) now that this step is
almost complete (after Rishi's future effort on "Shipping data duplicated
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f5118a1cd378aed4e5af7c904fc026f36ba5c7aa78862f72d813348b@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E>" thread)

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Component and Component Set Dependencies

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pierre, All,

If we consider inter components labels dependencies, I fear several (most?) applications components are inter dependent.

For instance looking for "uiLabelMap.Manufacturing"(which does not guarantee to find all Manufacturing labels since it's a convention and not all
labels are such prefixed) in all files you find these applications use at least one:

  * accounting
  * order
  * product

If you look for ManufacturingUiLabels (more relevant) in all file, the same applications use at least one.

In  comment there, Pierre you reported a dependency from accounting to manufacturing and we added it.

But we have no dependencies shown for order, nor product, to manufacturing on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Component+and+Component+Set+Dependencies

Now I have a question: should we consider labels dependencies in this graph and complete it? I don't think so, the graph which is already loaded with
links would become illegible (maybe the underline Digraph code would still be useful though).

Remains that we have a lot of inter components labels dependencies. There are 2 possible views on this:

 1. Anyway we don't want to separate the applications and they will forever stand together. So we just remove the links between application in the
    graph above with the comments (tempting hè :))
 2. We still want to separate the applications (one day...) and they we need to take in consideration of kind of dependencies.

I believe we still want to separate the applications, notably those who are more peripherals, like HR, marketing. Those could be extracted as plugins.
Pierre even mentioned manufacturing, where I don't agree, but that could be discussed.

A simple solution for labels is to extract those which are inter-components and put them in the applications using them or common if several use them

What do you think?

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Pierre,